Welcome to a one-of-a-kind aquatic adventure: swimming in the Dolphin and Manatee Lagoon! We invite you to join us on this unique journey, where you’ll have the opportunity to swim alongside these majestic creatures in their natural habitat. In this article, we’ll share about the exciting whale watching experience, its ethical and eco-friendly aspects, and guidelines to protect these beautiful animals.
Why This Lagoon?
Nestled in a pristine, protected area, the Dolphin and Manatee Lagoon is an idyllic setting for an intimate encounter with these gentle giants. Its calm, clear waters provide the perfect environment for both dolphins and manatees to thrive, making it an ideal location for our tour.
Ethical and Eco-friendly Tourism
At the heart of our tour is a commitment to responsible, eco-friendly practices. We believe in offering an experience that allows guests to witness the beauty of wildlife without causing harm or disruption. By choosing this tour, you’re not only embarking on an unforgettable adventure but also supporting a sustainable approach to tourism.
The Unique Experience
Swimming with Dolphins and Manatees
Imagine gliding through crystal clear waters, surrounded by a pod of playful dolphins or a gentle manatee. Our tour offers this once-in-a-lifetime experience, providing an unparalleled opportunity to connect with these captivating creatures.
While the main attraction of our tour is swimming with dolphins and manatees, you’ll also have the chance to observe a diverse array of marine life in the lagoon. Keep your eyes peeled for colorful fish, sea turtles, and an assortment of fascinating underwater flora.
Safety and Etiquette Guidelines
As we share this extraordinary experience, it’s essential to remember that we are guests in the lagoon. We must strictly adhere to safety and etiquette guidelines to ensure the well-being of both the wildlife and our fellow swimmers. This includes maintaining a respectful distance from the animals, refraining from feeding or touching them, and following all instructions provided by our expert guides.
The Marine Mammal Protection Act
The Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) is a crucial piece of legislation that safeguards dolphins, manatees, and other marine mammals in the United States. Under the MMPA, it is illegal to harass, hunt, capture, or kill these protected species. This includes actions such as petting, feeding, or enticing them, which may disrupt their natural behaviors.
Why It Matters
The MMPA is crucial for preserving marine ecosystems and promoting the wellbeing of marine fauna. By abiding by the provisions set forth in the MMPA during our tour, we contribute to the ongoing protection and preservation of these remarkable animals.
Our Dolphin and Manatee Lagoon tour lasts approximately 2 hours, providing ample time to soak in the beauty of the lagoon and its inhabitants.
The tour is available Monday through Sunday, from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm. This wide range of hours allows you to choose a time that suits your schedule and preferences.
We welcome guests of all ages to join us on this incredible adventure! Whether you’re a seasoned swimmer or new to the water, our expert guides will ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
To maintain an intimate and personal experience, we limit our tour group size to a maximum of six guests. In a small group, you can form a deeper bond with dolphins and manatees while ensuring that everyone can truly admire these amazing creatures.
Preparing for Your Adventure
What to Bring
To fully enjoy your trip to Dolphin and Manatee Lagoon, bring a towel, sunscreen, a reusable water bottle, and a waterproof camera for capturing unforgettable moments.
What to Wear
Comfortable, quick-drying swimwear is a must for this tour. We also recommend wearing water shoes to protect your feet while navigating the lagoon’s sandy and rocky terrain.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it safe to swim with dolphins and manatees? Yes, it is safe when following the guidelines and instructions provided by our expert guides. Both dolphins and manatees are generally gentle creatures but remember to maintain a respectful distance and avoid touching or feeding them.
- Is the tour suitable for non-swimmers? Although swimming skills are useful, our skilled guides will supply flotation devices and help to guarantee that all guests, regardless of their swimming level, can enjoy the tour.
- Can I wear a life jacket during the tour? Yes, we provide life jackets for those who prefer additional buoyancy and support during the swim.
- What is the best time of year to take this tour? The tour is available all year, but the water is more comfortable and you are more likely to see dolphins and manatees during the warmer months from April to October.
- Are restroom facilities available at the lagoon? Yes, restroom facilities are available at the tour’s starting point. We recommend using them before entering the lagoon, as there are no facilities available once the tour begins.
Joining the Dolphin and Manatee Lagoon tour is an amazing chance to appreciate nature and see the stunning beauty of these marvelous marine animals. By adhering to ethical and eco-friendly practices, we can ensure that this incredible experience remains available for future generations to enjoy. So gather your family and friends, dive in, and prepare to be enchanted by the wonders of the Dolphin and Manatee Lagoon.